Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Don't wash your jeans often, fight climate change..

Wear your jeans at least thrice before washing them and then do so in cold water, don't use the dryer and not the iron either, says the UN Environment Programme (UNEP). By following these practices, people can consume up to five times less energy, according to a 30-second TV spot prepared by the UNEP Division of Technology, Industry and Economics (UNEP DTIE).
For the user, the effect of reducing the number of washes will be to reduce the need for electricity, water and detergent, the UNEP official says. "The choice of the detergent itself is also important. Washing at a lower temperature reduces environmental impacts. "Moreover, elimination of tumble drying, which uses around 60 per cent of the use phase energy, and ironing, in combination with the lower wash temperature, leads to around 50 per cent reduction in global climate change impact of the product."

2 comments:

  1. Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog
    with my zynga group? There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content.
    Please let me know. Cheers

    My site :: my shopping blog ()

    ReplyDelete

Please don't leave the page without expressing what you feel. I love reading what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...