Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Soulflower Rosemary Lavender Shampoo Bar- Review

Hello girls,

I am on a short vacation in the pink city, Jaipur. Having a good time here. How are all of you doing? It's too hot here. The product under review today is the shampoo bar from Soulflower- Rosemary & Lavender.



I have used their Sandalwood Geranium Soap Bar many a times in the past and was loving that (review here). This was the reason I was eager to buy the other variant too and I finally did too. Soulflower soaps come in their usual semi-transparent packaging with the ingredients and their benefits printed on the cover.

Price & Quantity: Rs. 250 for 150gm bar


Ingredient Talk:

Almond oil provides deep nourishment & moisture for dry locks, adds shine to dull hair, makes hair stronger & controls hair loss. 

Contains essential fatty acids that nourish the hair & vitamin E, potassium & magnesium which are essential components to healthy hair growth.

Butterfly pea, is a flower that makes your hair healthier, softer & smooth, imparting a black colour.

Shikakai (means fruit for hair) is a natural gentle conditioning agent for hair & scalp


Rosemary helps in all hair problems specially hair thinning and pre-mature greying.

My Experience with Soulflower Rosemary Lavender Shampoo Bar: I loved using this shampoo bar too, except for a couple of reasons (that I will highlight later). The soap is a mixture of blue, green with hints of brown in color. It is a huge one if compared to a normal soap which usually come in packaging of 50gm or 75gm. So, you need to cut it into pieces before you actually use it. I prefer halving it. This way it's good to catch hold of and not too big also. 

The shampoo lathers well and is easy to wash off too. 


One thing I did not like about the soap is it's fragrance. It is very over-powering. Folks, it may be just me! But over-all I did not like it. It stings my nose. The good thing is that after I wash off, it does not linger on my hair. So that is sorted.

Another dislike in this soap is that it melts away faster than the Sandalwood Geranium Shampoo Bar. I don't know the exact reason for this. Also the area conditions in which I used both the bars, is same, means I am in the same city. It may be because of climatic change but the temperature inside our houses is somewhat controlled and constant at one particular time unless you are living in a very harsh climatic zone! Even there is not much of a difference, except the fact that this one uses Lavender Oil and the other one has Jojoba. If this is making the difference, then I don't know.


Other than these two things, there's nothing to dislike in this shampoo bar. I have grown to love using bars more than shampoos (organic/ herbal). It somewhat controls my frizz but I would strongly recommend using a good conditioner post usage of any shampoo and with chemical/silicone free shampoos, it becomes all the more important.



9 comments:

  1. a bar shampoo is convenient to use i think..i will definitely gonna try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Supriya ! Nice review.. I love Soulflower for their wonderful products especially their soaps, you can cut the bar in 4 if you think it gets over fast.
    www.reviewwali.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi dear.. i have been using soulflower soaps for quite some years now and i have always used them by cutting them in pieces of 2/4. for shampoo bars i refer cutting in 2 as this way it is convenient to apply on scalp whereas for the body soaps, i cut them in 4...

      Delete
  3. i went to jaipur 2 months back...it really hot there.....

    Check out this awesome giveaway on my blog and you could win a top of your choice !!!!!
    http://www.crazyaboutcolors.com/banggood-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have not tried shampoo bars yet but with this review i feel more and more convinced :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. start with soulflower ones.. u won't be disappointed!

      Delete
  5. Nice review Supriya.. I will love to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete

Please don't leave the page without expressing what you feel. I love reading what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...