Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Godrej Nupur Coconut Henna Crème Hair Colour

Hello folks,

Hair coloring is what I have never done and am very skeptical too as I feel once I do it, I will have t make it a routine and also it will damage my hair in the long run. But few weeks back, my sister observed a couple of grey strands. Though they are not visible from the front, but there they are nonetheless! I was trying to make up my mind to get my hair colored, when I received these hair color sachets from Godrej some days back. 




 About the product: Godrej Nupur Coconut Henna Crème is a crème based hair colour enriched with the conditioning of henna and nourishment of coconut oil. This product is available in 4 natural looking beautiful shades – Natural Black, Dark Brown, Natural Brown, and Burgundy.

The Goodness Ingredients - Henna and coconut oil has been trusted for centuries. It is an extremely popular hair care solution known for its natural goodness and deep nourishing qualities.
  • Deep conditioning
  • Nourished hair
  • Superior and Gentle format


Colour That Cares - Convenience with Pre-Measured Sachets. The simple pre-measured sachets are easy to use, no need to measure. Just cut, fully squeeze the colour & developer sachets, and mix.  You are ready to go.


How to use: 
1. In a bowl, squeeze out the crème colour and developer sachets completely.
2. Mix with a brush & apply carefully where needed.

3. Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it off


Skin Hypersensitivity Test: Millions of people around the world safely use hair colours regularly. However, in rare cases, allergy from hair colour products may develop at any time and at any stage in life, like many other food items we commonly know of, that are pulses, milk, brinjal, fish, crabs, etc. Hence, a skin hypersensitivity test is strongly recommended before every application of hair colour as a precautionary measure, even for regular users to ensure a safe and pleasurable hair colouring experience. It must be done 48 hours before application on the hair. All safety instructions and precautions are mentioned on the pack in detail.

How to do it: Begin by cleansing a small area of skin behind the ear or inner surface of the forearm using soap and water or alcohol. Mix a small quantity of colour and developer, apply on previously cleansed skin and allow it to dry. Keep the product on for 48 hours and observe. If there is no reaction such as reddening, burning, itching, irritation or swelling in the area that the test was conducted the product can be safely used for hair colour application.

My Experience with Godrej Nupur Coconut Henna Crème Hair Colour: 1 pack of Godrej Nupur Coconut Henna Crème contains a colour sachet, a developer sachet and an instruction leaflet. 
  1. In a bowl, squeeze out the crème colour and developer sachets completely
  2. Mix with a brush & apply carefully where needed
  3. Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it off.

To honestly say, when I saw this hair color only at a price of Rs. 39 per pack, I was a bit skeptical. I think you people can resonate. When their are high end coloring brands, claiming to be harmless, priced in hundreds and thousands available in the market, then while will one believe in the claims of this one! And riding on my doubts, I decided do a patch test/ skin hypersensitivity test. I used the color dark brown as it is what is closest to my hair. The patch test did not leave any allergies or adverse conditions on me. Next I applied the pack on my hair. 

Here I would like to mention that the quantity is too less for me. I mean I have waist length not so voluminous hair and the paste was not sufficient to cover my entire mace. So I focused near the root area and left the tips as it is. Some of the color dripped later towards the tips. The paste is not very runny but it is advisable you use a shower cap post application. 



After rinsing off the color, I must say that I must quite satisfied with the results. The few grays that I had are covered and I have got a nice color plus my hair feel very soft.

The Likes:
  1. Affordable
  2. Ease of application
  3. Good color options
  4. No ammonia
  5. Goodness of coconut

The Dislikes:
  1. The quantity is meant to be adequate for gents and ladies with short hair, at the max shoulder length. Longer hair would need 2-3 packs.
  2. Similarly, not sufficient if you have a lot of gray.
  3. Lots of chemicals
  4. Hair does feel weighed down by the oil, so you cannot actually color, rinse and be ready to go! I suggest washing your hair the next with a mild color protect shampoo.

My Final Take: I love this cutie. It's affordable and has no ammonia. It can be a substitute for big labels and for people who are into temporary hair coloring. Totally recommended.









PS: Samples sent by PR but review is based on my own experience and is honest as always!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice affordable option without ammonia.Will surely recommend this to my mom in law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool for people that look for hair dye without ammonia.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't leave the page without expressing what you feel. I love reading what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...